Tests and Results
Getting your test results
If your test results show that you need more tests or treatment, we will contact you. Please ensure we have your most recent contact information.
Once a doctor has reviewed your test results, you can view them:
- in your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App)
- in your SystmOnline account
- phone us between 10am to 12pm and we will tell you if you need to book an appointment to discuss further
- it is your responsibility to check your results
- Blood tests – up to 48 hours for routine
- Complex blood tests – up to 8 weeks
- X-rays, ultrasound scans, swabs, clippings – one week
Results for other people
- Note that the practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection and we will only release test results to the person to whom they relate, unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results.
Questions about your results
If you want to talk to someone about your results, please ask for a routine appointment.
Results from the hospital
- if you have been to the hospital and a doctor there arranged for you to have a test, you should contact the hospital for the result.